Saturday, March 22, 2014

Evaluation - Question 1

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products? 
For this question of the evaluation i made a video using my nikon D5100 and iMovie to edit so that i could include footage from my media opening but also refer back to examples of conventional ideas that we used which are in current media products. The main things which i talk about in the video include: 

The significance of the reflection at the beginning
Connection with the character through certain shots
Use of voiceovers 
The setting of the opening 
Reasons behind our decisions
Character choice and the mise en scene choice of the characters
Choice of music
Overall opinion of how i feel the opening used or challenged the conventions of existing products.


It took me a long time to make the video as i had to write the voiceover script and think about suitable music where you could hear the voiceover. I also had to get relevant clips from opening in my research stage. I am happy with how this section of the evaluation has gone and i think i am going to do more sections of my evaluation in this style 

1 comment:

  1. Love the format Becky and I get a strong sense of understanding. Don't forget to ensure that when you discuss representation of characters to refer to stock characters.

    ReplyDelete